The community website for Pen Selwood
Originally built in 1847, with later additions, the present Village Hall used to be the School; indeed several ex-pupils still live in Pen and can tell many a tale of their days there. The School closed in 1947 and the building was converted into the Hall in 1968.
During the summer of 1998 the Hall was closed whilst it was renovated, largely by a team of village volunteers. The work included a new wooden floor and a new, highly efficient heating system, as well as general refurbishment and redecoration throughout.
Today's Hall comprises:
The Hall has many regular users, including a long-established Yoga Group, Garden Club and Art Group and is home to various committee meetings. Since refurbishment, it has become an increasingly popular venue for children's parties, as well as Church-related functions, exhibitions and much more - including Brownie camps!
Hall hiring rates are very reasonable. Bookings can be made through Ian Steadman on 841041. Details of the current booking arrangements can be found on the Parish Notice board on the Hall's north wall.