Our daughter is considering writing a book.  She really does not have a great deal of patience when it comes to technology. Her creativity/words come out so quickly that she has a job to type it up quick enough and then comes the frustration. 

However, in the past she had spoken about exploring programs that would make this project easier on her laptop.  

Now that she will be staying in her flat - I wondered if she will find that this will become a project that she will take up sooner rather than later.

Out of interest it occurred to me that just somewhere, here in the village, one of you may have a personal recommendation. 

Thank you.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dragon Dictation is a leader and has been for a while. It’s some time since I used it. For short pieces iPhone does a good job just look for the microphone on several Apple apps

Geoff

Thank you Geoff - I will explore these options myself first.  Really helpful.  I hope you are all keeping well and safe. 

Gill

Chile I realise that using this iPad I can give you a reply by talking obviously it hasn’t quite managed to sort your name out but everything else seems to be okay

That's OK - I don't mind.  Chile - has a nice ring to it!

My paralysed Dad uses Dragon - it's certainly not perfect,  but neither is his voice strength; it learns your idiosyncrasies as you talk .

Thank you - certainly helps to get feedback from trusted sources. 

Robert Backus said:

My paralysed Dad uses Dragon - it's certainly not perfect,  but neither is his voice strength; it learns your idiosyncrasies as you talk .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by geoff parcell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service